Monday, February 02, 2004

Road Trip (part 3)

Yesterday I arrived back in Sydney and checked into the hostel I had been at before I left, the pink house.

The journey home from the road trip was mainly unremarkable save a couple of points. Firstly, we managed to cover over 2,000km in only 3 days - taking 2 hours shifts at the wheel and pushing hard through the Outback. Here, we stopped at desolate roadhouses and small mining towns - with a little more time, money and 4-wheel drive I would like to have explored more of the area.

We also stopped in the blue mountains on the way back for a "one hour tour". As Graham and Simon had both been out here before, this involved them driving me to various lookouts to see the sights (three sisters etc...) before getting into Sydney at a reasonable hour.

So today I am sorting out photos and e-mails, applying for jobs and tonight celebrating my birthday with a few beers and a burger, I think. Links to photos coming soooon...

No comments: