Thursday, July 09, 2009

Missing the point

Forgive the stupid title, but I an pleased to announce that I am due no more injections !! The chemo process is only 5 days (and 40 pink pills) from being fully over.

This leaves just a couple of tidy up tasks; removing my portacath and a post-operative scan. After this I'm into the longer term monitoring phase, with occasional scans and blood tests, and perhaps a colonoscopy every few years.

For now, it's finally feeling "over", even though I am currently being swarmed by painful spots once more - hopefully for via last time, although the drugs can hang about for quite a few weeks. Once I'm through all that with a little more energy, I might have to have a small gathering, perhaps with a few drinks involved ;)

As for tonight, it's the banking industry's charity run in Battersea park. Wasn't too sure of my physical capabilities, but figure I can always walk most of it if need be (plenty of medically fit bankers do this anyway) ! Thanks to several generous sponsors, I've already hit my target, but please feel free to offer any final pledges today.

Otherwise save the money for something bubbly later this month :)

...I can't stop smiling :)

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! :) xxxxxxx

Unknown said...

Terrific news! Surely you won't miss that :) Hope it goes well tonight.

Unknown said...

Whoops, just re-read that - maybe I should be saying hope it went well last night!