Sunday, November 08, 2009

Surprise - it's not my birthday !

Last night marked a point of awesomeness. Long booked in my calendar as a mystery night out, it turned out to be a nice dinner followed by a surprise party at a local pub.

As I type this with a slightly fuzzy head, I want to thank everyone who came down, esp. those from such far climbs as Swindon, Sheffield and Amsterdam :) It was really nice to see so many people, drink so many beers and not only celebrate the end of my treatment properly, but to openly say "wow, that was quite a hard year" and I guess get what the American's call "closure".

I also got some nice biscuits and waffles, which are helping me on this most hungover of days ! I also, confusingly, got 2 or 3 birthday cards... thanks guys - actual birthday is start of Feb though. Mimi must of been keeping the reasoning behind the party secret too ;)

Thanks to all who came - I tried to spend time chatting my everyone, but it got a bit blurry toward the end, so not entirely sure I made it. I remember lots of hugs though - yay !!! - and much love in the room :)

No comments: