Wednesday, August 27, 2003

Seattle didn't get me straight away. Infact, after the first night of tourism and drinking I was fairly unimpressed. To try and kick start my flagging enthusiasm, I did the touristy stuff - space needle, Expericence Music Project (in it's crazy Ghery building) and a starbucks coffee (corpoarte whore that I am :)

This sort of did the trick and that evening - and after I failed to get up in time to get the bus, the next evening - I got happily trashed whilst watching bad movies and going out the the Green Croc. club, where I saw the Bellrays (Rock 'n' Soul music, and much improved from last time I saw them), and the next night was Northern State (basically the Beastie Girls - nothing more but nothing less).

Finally I got up early enough to hurl my self into the hound up to Vancouver which is a wonderful city. I has cheap sushi, a great park to walk / bike around in, big city stuff in a small city area and easy access to outdoor stuff (including Whistler, of course). I could spend more time here - if there was more snow !

Not too much touristy stuff to do, and I felt like a break from the beers, so I went to see "American Splendor" in the cinema, about the life and story of Harvey Pekar, writer of the underground comic the film is named after. It was a really good film, lots of comedy and real life moments, and one of the first good films I've seen in a while out here whilst sifting through the summer release garbage.

One more day out here and then I'm smuggling myself back over the boarder and down the West Coast.

No comments: