Tuesday, April 20, 2004

A season of OZ for a season of Europe

The negotiations are complete, I am staying on in Melbourne to work for another 3 months, and I also managed to wangle a little extra salary from my contracting agency who were bascially over-charging before I reckon ! Not the ruthless negotiation success I had hoped for, but I got the one-way ticket home into the bargin, payable in a cash sum (which leaves my options open).

This means I am now employed up to the 6th August, with the possibility of exploring Oz for another few months afterwards (until my visa runs out near November, I think). This should work out better for both seeing more of Australia, and also having funds for a snowboarding season come winter. Also means enduring a few more months away from home and a whole year of winters though !

No comments: