Monday, April 14, 2008

10000 metres for charity



Most blog readers will probably have already seen via other channels that I have decided to run the BUPA London 10,000 road race on behalf of Diabetes UK. I settled upon this charity as it's currently a condition my father lives with, and it was his encouragement that got me started on my current route to better fitness.

The run takes place on Bank Holiday Monday, May 26th. If you would like to offer a donation to help me reach my target, then I have set up this charity page for online donations, and can also accept offline donations too (although I cannot claim the 28% Gift Aid on such donations currently).

In fitness news, I reached 17 stone 8 (~112kg) this week, which finally brings my BMI under 30 - this equates to me being medically classified as "overweight" rather than "obese". This is a landmark I have been looking forward to for a while, and hopefully along with the 10K run can bolster my determination to keep going toward my ultimate goal of BMI 25.

No comments: