Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Back to (Melbourne) life, back to reality

With business visa in hand I finally returned to work a couple of weeks ago. And I'm now dealing with trival daily stuff like sorting out camera repairs and sorting out lots of neglected finacial stuff.

Nothing really blog-worthy aside from the discovery that a friend of mine has broadband + firewire ports in his computer which = new tunes on the iPod ! It can be a drag being stuck with the same 4,118 songs for 10 months :)

Currently dealing with the "nesting / consumer" instinct that wishes I had my own place to deck-out and put lots of things that I want to own. Possessions do not = happiness as I know, but when your livin' the city life, the city instincts kick in, and I want more stuff :) I need to learn to be engaged and happy without computer stuff and toys, but sometimes I'm jsut sh*t bored in the evening.

So much so that I've signed up for a couple of evening classes - firstly, a one-session class of the art of cocktail mixing, which should be fun - and secondly a six-session course on Basic Photography skils. Think I need my own SLR camera for that though, and not a busted digital one ! Have to see if someone can loan me one for the classes (bit suprised that the course doesn't offer deposit based camera loans).

Was going to learn a new language (Espanol), but remebered how much I hated GCSE French, so canned that idea quite quickly !

No comments: